with host artist Miriam Schulman
Want to know the best way to market your art? It’s all about building personal relationships. Joining me in conversation today is artist business coach, Alyson Stanfield.
In this podcast, you will discover…
- Why you don’t need to live in an “art town”
- Why email is great…but sometimes picking up the phone is better
- Why getting involved in your community can help you sell art…and we’re not just talking about your art community
- Alyson Stanfield: “I’d Rather Be in the Studio: The Artist’s No Excuse Guide to Self-Promotion”
- Art Biz Podcast
- The Inspiration Place Podcast – Episode 37: The Romance of Selling Art
Alyson’s New Book
About Alyson Stanfield
Alyson Stanfield has been helping artists become more productive and profitable at Art Biz Success since 2002. She is the founder of the Art Career Success System, which turns your business tasks into routines that you can use at any point in your art business and career. She recently released the 4th edition of her book, I’d Rather Be in the Studio: The Artist’s No-Excuse Guide to Self-Promotion, and is excited that it’s available in print for all of the artists who didn’t like e-books.
About the host, Miriam Schulman
In case we haven’t met yet, I’m a watercolor and mixed media artist. My art has been featured in numerous publications such as Somerset Studio, and I’m the founder of The Inspiration Place where I give my students stepping stones to create beautiful art as well as the emotional support they need to stay inspired. See the art I create at art.SchulmanArt.com or learn how to paint with me at TheInspirationPlace.net
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today. I don’t want you to miss an episode. I’m adding a bunch of bonus episodes to the mix and if you’re not subscribed there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Now if you’re feeling extra loving, I would be really grateful if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also fun for me to go in an read. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you!
Listener shout out of the week!
“Miriam Schulman has monetized her creativity – without ‘selling out’ or losing her inspiration. her success and down-to-earth advice will motivate you to express more, create more, and become the inspiration for others.”
If you’ve ever wanted to paint portraits but been afraid to try…
Discover the “5 P’s” of Portraits to Create Paintings of Your Loved Ones that You Can Be Proud of…
Find the confidence to finally paint the people (and pets) you love
Introducing... the Watercolor Portrait Academy
- Discover the 5 P’s to Portrait Painting: Pose, Photograph, Project, Paint, Polish.
- How to make faces that look realistic- like real people - without being photographic or stiff or cartoonish
- Develop an understanding of how to use vibrant colors to make your portraits come alive and glow with life
- Explore soft backgrounds that accentuate the beauty of people
- Discover how to loosen up and take risks with your watercolor paintings
- Create natural looking hair without fussing around and escape your need for perfectionism (hint: you don't have to paint every hair in its place!)
- Conquer skin tones, proportions and color blending
- Capture light and shadow and the essence of your subject
- Breathe life into your portraits with the magic of watercolor
- Learn how to not "overwork" your painting.. know when to stop.
Registration is open now! But not for long-- the doors close for the year at midnight ET September 25th.