with host artist Miriam Schulman
Today, we’re talking with Public Speaking Coach and Artist Coach Gigi Rosenberg about how to pitch yourself, whether you’re applying for an artist or writer’s grant, networking at a party, or even wanting to be a guest on a podcast!
In this podcast, you will discover…
- Why applying for an artist grant has benefits, even if you don’t win it.
- How to talk about yourself and your work.
- Why collaborating with peers brings you more opportunities, not more competition.
About Gigi Rosenberg
Gigi Rosenberg is a public speaking coach and artist coach who works with executives, nonprofit leaders and ambitious artists. Her goal as a public speaking coach is to help speakers connect with their audiences with clarity, authenticity and warmth. She’s the author of The Artist’s Guide to Grant Writing (published by Watson-Guptill), a book designed to help artists navigate the world of funding. The former editor of Professional Artist magazine, Gigi’s been a guest commentator on Oregon Public Radio and performed her dramatic monologues off-Broadway and at Seattle’s On The Boards. For more Gigi, visit gigirosenberg.com.
About the host, Miriam Schulman
In case we haven’t met yet, I’m a watercolor and mixed media artist. My art has been featured in numerous publications such as Somerset Studio, and I’m the founder of The Inspiration Place where I give my students stepping stones to create beautiful art as well as the emotional support they need to stay inspired. See the art I create at art.SchulmanArt.com or learn how to paint with me at TheInspirationPlace.net
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today. I don’t want you to miss an episode. I’m adding a bunch of bonus episodes to the mix and if you’re not subscribed there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Now if you’re feeling extra loving, I would be really grateful if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also fun for me to go in an read. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you!
If you’ve ever wanted to paint portraits but been afraid to try…
Discover the “5 P’s” of Portraits to Create Paintings of Your Loved Ones that You Can Be Proud of…
Find the confidence to finally paint the people (and pets) you love
Introducing... the Watercolor Portrait Academy
- Discover the 5 P’s to Portrait Painting: Pose, Photograph, Project, Paint, Polish.
- How to make faces that look realistic- like real people - without being photographic or stiff or cartoonish
- Develop an understanding of how to use vibrant colors to make your portraits come alive and glow with life
- Explore soft backgrounds that accentuate the beauty of people
- Discover how to loosen up and take risks with your watercolor paintings
- Create natural looking hair without fussing around and escape your need for perfectionism (hint: you don't have to paint every hair in its place!)
- Conquer skin tones, proportions and color blending
- Capture light and shadow and the essence of your subject
- Breathe life into your portraits with the magic of watercolor
- Learn how to not "overwork" your painting.. know when to stop.
Registration is open now! But not for long-- the doors close for the year at midnight ET September 25th.