with host artist Miriam Schulman
Today, we’re talking all about how this time is shaping my art practice, and the lessons for you on bringing playfulness into your art.
In this podcast, you will discover…
- Why you need to embrace your inner weirdo.
- Why the opposite of play is not work. The opposite of play is depression — so to lift yourself out of depression, you need to bring playfulness into your art.
- As artists, it’s very important to understand the relationship between stress and creativity.
- Brown, B. (Host). (2020, September 23). On My Mind: RBG, Surge Capacity, and Play as an Energy Source [Audio podcast episode]. In Unlocking Us with Brené Brown. Cadence13.
- Your ‘Surge Capacity’ Is Depleted — It’s Why You Feel Awful – Here’s how to pull yourself out of despair and live your life –Tara Haelle
About the host, Miriam Schulman
In case we haven’t met yet, I’m Miriam Schulman, Chief Inspiration Officer of The Inspiration Place. I inspire art-lovers to reconnect with their creativity, learn new skills and techniques, and profit from their art. After witnessing the 9/11 terrorist attacks, I abandoned a lucrative hedge fund job to work on my art full time. Rejecting the starving artist myth, my paintings have been seen on NBC, published in art magazines & home décor books, and collected worldwide. I’d love to invite you to check out one of my free resources for art lovers (of every passion level) at schulmanart.com/freebies
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today. I don’t want you to miss an episode. I’m adding a bunch of bonus episodes to the mix and if you’re not subscribed there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Now if you’re feeling extra loving, I would be really grateful if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also fun for me to go in an read. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you!
Listener shout out of the week!
Amazing insight, like she was looking into my life and reading my mind. The feelings I’ve been having, the reluctance to finish a commission, spinning my wheels and not moving forward, she addresses all of it. Thank you for a “spot on” uplifting chat from one weirdo to another!”
🎨Enrollment is now OPEN for Watercolor Portrait Academy!
If you’ve ever wanted to paint portraits but been afraid to try…
💌You're invited to... Watercolor Portrait Academy
Enrollment is open, but not for long.