with host artist Miriam Schulman
Today, we’re talking all about how this time is shaping my art practice, and the lessons for you on bringing playfulness into your art.
In this podcast, you will discover…
- Why you need to embrace your inner weirdo.
- Why the opposite of play is not work. The opposite of play is depression — so to lift yourself out of depression, you need to bring playfulness into your art.
- As artists, it’s very important to understand the relationship between stress and creativity.
- Brown, B. (Host). (2020, September 23). On My Mind: RBG, Surge Capacity, and Play as an Energy Source [Audio podcast episode]. In Unlocking Us with Brené Brown. Cadence13.
- Your ‘Surge Capacity’ Is Depleted — It’s Why You Feel Awful – Here’s how to pull yourself out of despair and live your life –Tara Haelle
About the host, Miriam Schulman
In case we haven’t met yet, I’m a watercolor and mixed media artist. My art has been featured in numerous publications such as Somerset Studio, and I’m the founder of The Inspiration Place where I give my students stepping stones to create beautiful art as well as the emotional support they need to stay inspired. See the art I create at art.SchulmanArt.com or learn how to paint with me at TheInspirationPlace.net
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today. I don’t want you to miss an episode. I’m adding a bunch of bonus episodes to the mix and if you’re not subscribed there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Now if you’re feeling extra loving, I would be really grateful if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also fun for me to go in an read. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you!
Listener shout out of the week!
Amazing insight, like she was looking into my life and reading my mind. The feelings I’ve been having, the reluctance to finish a commission, spinning my wheels and not moving forward, she addresses all of it. Thank you for a “spot on” uplifting chat from one weirdo to another!
🎨 Turn the Art You Love into a Real (Profitable!) Business... 🎨
Go From So-So Sales to Sustainable Success in 1 year with Artist Incubator Coaching