with host artist Miriam Schulman
We’re talking all about the emotional side of goal setting. When we turn the page in our calendar, or if you’re like me– you have a fresh new planner (or maybe more than one planner), and those unmarked calendar days stretch out ahead of us with beautiful white space. We know we can fill our days with anything and be anyone.
When you think about your goals and intentions for the year, instead of creating this vague idea of the habits you want to change, think instead of who you need to become.
In this podcast, you will discover…
- Why I choose a word for the year (and sometimes a word for the day) and what word I selected for 2022
- How focusing on how you want to feel will make a bigger impact
- The reason you should hire a coach and why I hired experts (more than one) to help me reach a big goal in 2021
- How surrounding yourself with people who are doing what you want to do will help you accomplish more
- The way to develop an abundance mind-set, counteracting imposter syndrome
- 006: Overcoming Impostor Syndrome with Rebecca Ching
- 034: Letting Go of Perfectionism with Therapist Rebecca Bass-Ching
About the host, Miriam Schulman
In case we haven’t met yet, I’m an artist and founder of The Inspiration Place, where I help other artists learn how to profit from their passion or become better artists. Through online classes, business coaching programs, and a top-ranked podcast, I’ve helped thousands of artists around the world develop their skill sets and create more time and freedom to do what they love. My signature coaching program, The Artist Incubator, helps artists go from so-so sales to sold-out collections.
A graduate of Dartmouth College and M.I.T, I initially pursued finance but after witnessing 9/11, I abandoned a lucrative hedge fund job to work on my art full time. Since then, my art and story have been featured in major publications including Forbes, What Women Create, The New York Times, Art of Man, Art Journaling magazine as well as featured on NBC’s “Parenthood” and the Amazon series “Hunters” with Al Pacino. My forthcoming book with HarperCollins Leadership, Artpreneur, is scheduled to be released January 31, 2023. When I’m not in the studio, you can find me hanging out with my husband, adult kids, and a tuxedo cat named Ebony. I’d love to invite you to check out one of my free resources for art lovers (of every passion level) at schulmanart.com/freebies
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today. I don’t want you to miss an episode. I’m adding a bunch of bonus episodes to the mix and if you’re not subscribed there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Now if you’re feeling extra loving, I would be really grateful if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also fun for me to go in an read. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you!
Listener shout out of the week!
“I’ve loved this podcast from a far! Miriam you have a great sense of humor! And I’ve laughed myself silly while listening many times, whilst also absorbing some of the best art biz advice. Thankyou Thankyou!”
5 Simple Steps to Painting Portraits That Your Friends and Family Love
(Even if you think you can't draw or have never taken an art class)
In this Free Masterclass You'll Discover:
- Explore the 5 Simple steps so that you too can go from blank page to OMG
- Discover "the Watercolor Advantage" - a special “shortcut” that makes the entire process easier than you can imagine.
- Uncover the "Taboo Technique" most portrait artists would be embarrassed if you found out.
Click☝️ above ☝️ to sign up (yes, it’s free)