with host artist Miriam Schulman
This is part of the continuing “what’s wrong with” series. I want to make sure that when you engage using Instagram, that it’s effective for you. I’m sharing 5 things I see people doing that just don’t work. Hear what they are, along with the steps for your Instagram makeover.
What works on social platforms changes and this is a great time to check your account and make sure you are up to date with the most current and effective practices.
In this podcast, you will discover…
5 Things that are wrong with your Instagram account:
- No link in bio. Your bio is the most important part of your Instagram account since it’s the only place where you can have a live link. Use it well! Hear the 3 best ways to make this work for you.
- Your account is private. When someone goes to check out your Instagram page and it’s private, you are creating a barrier that doesn’t have to be there.
- Gaming the system. There are a few things that people do on Instagram to try and “game” the system. Buying followers, following/unfollowing, or using an automated system. Some of this violates terms and conditions and you may even risk account shutdown.
- User pods. This is one of those things that sounds like a good idea, but won’t give you the results you want. It’s not a good use of your time, and it won’t bring the engagement that will help you grow your reach.
- Your avatar is not a picture of you. People want to engage with a real person, not a brand. Show up as a living, breathing human.
Improve your Instagram account and watch engagement and followers increase. Make your posts and your investment of time there worthwhile.
- What’s Wrong with Your Website
- What’s Wrong with Your Email
- The Marketing Playlist
- Schulman Art Instagram
About the host, Miriam Schulman
In case we haven’t met yet, I’m an artist and founder of The Inspiration Place, where I help other artists learn how to profit from their passion or become better artists. Through online classes, business coaching programs, and a top-ranked podcast, I’ve helped thousands of artists around the world develop their skill sets and create more time and freedom to do what they love. My signature coaching program, The Artist Incubator, helps artists go from so-so sales to sold-out collections.
After witnessing 9/11, I abandoned a lucrative hedge fund job to work on my art full time. Since then, my art and story have been featured in major publications including Forbes, What Women Create, The New York Times, Art of Man, Art Journaling magazine as well as featured on NBC’s “Parenthood” and the Amazon series “Hunters” with Al Pacino. My forthcoming book with HarperCollins Leadership, Artpreneur, is scheduled to be released January 31, 2023. (SchulmanArt.com/book) When I’m not in the studio, you can find me hanging out with my husband, adult kids, and a tuxedo cat named Ebony. I’d love to invite you to check out one of my free resources for art lovers (of every passion level) at schulmanart.com/freebies
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today. I don’t want you to miss an episode. I’m adding a bunch of bonus episodes to the mix and if you’re not subscribed there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Now if you’re feeling extra loving, I would be really grateful if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also fun for me to go in an read. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you!
Listener shout out of the week!
Helped to focus my business and inspired me
For the past 6 months (or longer) I’ve been listening to the inspiration place podcast. It’s a great podcast to help focus your mind and your business. It is inspirational and gives actionable points to grow your business and yourself.
Want to discover how to sell more of your art and art classes online?
I have a FREE guide called the “The Artist Profit Plan” to walk you through my framework, including the 5 things you DON'T need to thrive in your art business (and 5 that you do!)
Click here to get instant access: 👉 schulmanart.com/profit