Community + Customer Happiness Manager
Remote position with availability to work Monday through Friday between 9am and 5pm EST.
(Westchester County locals also welcome and can work in house or at their location)
Type of Position:
Part-time contractor role starting at 10-15 hours a week with room to grow into a larger role.
Overview of Position:
As the Customer Support Manager, you’ll be executing tasks related to customer service emails, facebook group management, executive support and general administration that helps the programs within the business run smoothly and efficiently. Your role helps to ensure that the programs offered within the business are organized with systems and processes so that the business can continue to grow in a sustainable manner. Your role also helps the ensure the success of all our customers and clients.
- Manage owner inboxes via email and social media, as well as live chats, and ensure that all inquiries are responded to (weekdays) within 24 hours and resolved in a timely manner
- Provide excellent customer service to all clients, students and members of our community through various mediums (email, Facebook, live chat, etc.)
- Schedule social media posts for groups
- Manage Facebook communities
- Manage company billing including following up on late payments, processing refunds, managing course enrollments and tracking affiliate payouts
- Maintain course testimonial database including processing, editing and filing client and student testimonials
- Execute data entry and database projects as needed
- Keep company files, systems and processes organized and up to date
- Follow the company’s Standard Operating Procedure docs and keep them updated as our systems and processes evolve
- Create weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual recurring tasks for team members in our project management system
- Additional content support as needed
Results (expected accomplishments):
- Respond to all emails and business inquiries within 1 business day (24 hours – no weekend time required)
- Ensure clients and community members have an ongoing positive experience with the company
- Understand all programs and courses to be able to serve customers and clients at the highest level
- Extremely high attention to detail when it comes to tech setup, data entry and copywriting – to ensure the brand’s positioning stays consistent and high value
- Submit a weekly report to the team to reflect on the week, sharing any important metrics
Requirements (expected skills):
- Must have prior experience with Google Docs (Slides, Sheets + Forms)
- Prior experience with Asana, Slack, Facebook groups, Mailchimp, Kajabi, Dropbox and Zoom a huge plus but will train
- Highly detailed and organized with problem-solving skills to the max
- Ability to follow detailed technical guides and make suggestions for efficiency
- Ability to communicate that accurately depicts the company’s brand and mission
- Follow company protocol and retain a high level of discretion and confidentiality when it comes to the company and client information
- Takes direction and constructive feedback well
- Enjoys working with a small team
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) where brevity is key and no assumptions are ever made
- Tech savvy. You aren’t intimidated by new tech programs and feels a personal triumph each time you quickly master a new piece of software and implement it seamlessly into already-existing programs and systems
- Not looking to be the star of the show; you’re more comfortable in a supportive and background role
- Loyal, hard working and not flustered when priorities quickly change
- Have previous admin or customer service experience
- Able to travel to in-person meetings in Westchester County New York
- Available to attend weekly team meetings (could be over zoom)
- Available to work Monday through Friday, between 10am and 1pm EST (or afternoon… no night owls please)
- Not working a 9-to-5 job or distracted during the day with other activities that you are trying to multi-task
Please do NOT apply if:
👎 You run a business in a similar field OR you work with a client already in a competing or similar industry
👎 You are not comfortable with technology and social media
👎 You don’t naturally take a few moments to ensure that all i’s are dotted and t’s are crossed (i.e. pay attention to detail and go that extra step)
👎 You complain a lot. Positive attitude a must
Pay is $15 to $20 USD an hour, depending on technical experience. This is an independent contractor position (not employee) with a 90-day trial period. College grads, please assume bottom of pay scale– top of pay scale reserved for those who are proficient in all technology used and require little training to get started.
Make sure to give as much explanation as possible. I’m not looking for just a “yes” or a “no” answer. This is your chance to make an impression and tell me everything I need to know! Double check your spelling and grammar!
Not required but would give your application a major boost is a video submission. At the end of the application, please share a link to a video where you tell me why you’re perfect for this role.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Thursday, May 30, 2019.
I will be getting in touch with those who make the short list. Thank you!