with host artist Miriam Schulman
This year Christmas and New Year fall on a Tuesday, which is the same day I usually release my podcast. I decided my Christmas episode had to be a special one and be a gift to you. In this episode I answer your questions. How do you know when to stop working on a piece? How do you mail a portrait so it doesn’t get damaged? I answer these question, give book recommendations, talk about how to set goals and who my influences are.
In this podcast, you will discover…
- (03:18) Deb wants to know how to start organizing her space
- (05:23) Some book recommendations
- (09:43) Kim wants to know how use Mailchimp without using her real address
- (11:17) Alice wants to know if I’m self taught and who my influences are
- (14:25) Nora asks about how to set goals
- (18:09) Sydney asks how you know when it’s time to stop working on a piece of art
- (21:47) Paula has a question about getting licensed when you live in a rural community
- (25:27) Robin wants to know how to mail a portrait
- Episode 18: My Morning Routine for an Inspirational Day
- Can’t We Talk about Something More Pleasant?: A Memoir by Roz Chast
- Going Into Town: A Love Letter to New York by Roz Chast
- LINGO: Discover Your Ideal Customer’s Secret Language and Make Your Business Irresistible by Jeffrey Shaw
- Profit First: Transform Your Business from a Cash-Eating Monster to a Money-Making Machine by Mike Michalowicz
- The Pumpkin Plan: A Simple Strategy to Grow a Remarkable Business in Any Field by Mike Michalowicz
- Braving The Wilderness by Brene Brown
- Dare to Lead: Brave Work. Tough Conversations. Whole Hearts. by Brené Brown
- Building a StoryBrand: Clarify Your Message So Customers Will Listen by Donald Miller
- The 12 Week Year: Get More Done in 12 Weeks than Others Do in 12 Months by Brian P. Moran and Michael Lennington
- Free 30-day Audible Trial
- Inspiration Place Book Club
- Charles Reid
- Mel Stabin
- Mary Cassatt
- Gustav Klimt
- Roaring Brook Art
- Episode 9: Licensing Your Art With Tara Reed
- Episode 10: How To Get An Art Agent With Gary Levine
- Episode 17: Making Connection In The Art World With Michael Roderick
About the host, Miriam Schulman
In case we haven’t met yet, I’m an artist and founder of The Inspiration Place, where I help other artists learn how to profit from their passion or become better artists. Through online classes, business coaching programs, and a top-ranked podcast, I’ve helped thousands of artists around the world develop their skill sets and create more time and freedom to do what they love. My signature coaching program, The Artist Incubator, helps artists go from so-so sales to sold-out collections.
A graduate of Dartmouth College and M.I.T, I initially pursued finance but after witnessing 9/11, I abandoned a lucrative hedge fund job to work on my art full time. Since then, my art and my story have been featured in major publications including Forbes, The New York Times, Art of Man, Art Journaling magazine as well as featured on NBC’s “Parenthood” and the Amazon series “Hunters” with Al Pacino. My forthcoming book with HarperCollins Leadership on how to make it as an artist is scheduled to be released January 31, 2023. When I’m not in the studio, you can find me hanging out with my husband, adult kids, and a tuxedo cat named Ebony. I’d love to invite you to check out one of my free resources for art lovers (of every passion level) at schulmanart.com/freebies
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today. I don’t want you to miss an episode. I’m adding a bunch of bonus episodes to the mix and if you’re not subscribed there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Now if you’re feeling extra loving, I would be really grateful if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also fun for me to go in an read. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you!
Listener shout out of the week!
“Thanks Miriam for putting together and sharing these podcasts!! I have listened to several and will go back and listen again and post some reviews. Very valuable information in all of them. Keep up the great work and know it is a valuable contribution to the art world. Thank you.”
😱 If you're struggling to get your ART BUSINESS off the ground — it's NOT your fault.
And it's not because you don't work hard enough. You're just focusing on all the wrong things!
🎨Join me for a FREE, 3-DayArtpreneur Bootcamp and I'll show you a better way. ✨
3 thoughts on “BONUS: 2018 Holiday Q+A”
I would like to stay on your mailing lists please. My world has not been mine this last year and I have enjoyed listening to you. I hope to back watch your pieces left on line.
With grateful thoughts and blessings.
5 Stars!! Great information. I enjoyed the book reviews also. Why do we take do long thinking about doing?? I loved your explanation of how long it takes you to paint a pet portrait, ha ha! Thank you for the answer about shipping. Do you attach your painting to the backer board? Do you attach your backer board and paunting to your mat? And how do you attach them?
another interesting and informative show.. thank you