with host artist Miriam Schulman
Why do creative people have trouble focusing?
How can we conquer distractibility to become more successful in our art?
These are just two questions we’ll be answering in our episode today. I know we all tend to struggle with focus. We may have our morning routines (I do), but I think we can always benefit from hearing ways to better our daily routines, eliminate unnecessary distractions, and generate more mindful focus each day!
We welcome Rahti Gorfien to The Inspiration Place Podcast to discuss focus, managing your mind, and more importantly, managing your FEARS. Rahti is a creativity coach who specializes in helping artists and entrepreneurs with ADHD or chronic physical conditions. We have some incredible discussion for you to help you to be able to focus more mindfully on your art and maximize the results you want with your art and art business!
In this podcast, you will discover…
- Why creative people have trouble focusing
- Tips for how to conquer distractibility to become successful in your creative business
- How morning rituals can set you up for a focused day
About Rahti Gorfien
As the founder of Creative Calling Coaching, Rahti Gorfien is a professionally certified career, ADHD and creativity coach who has been helping her clients profit from their passion for over 15 years. She was recently recognized as one of the top 15 life coaches in NYC by Expertise.com. Specializing in work with artists and entrepreneurs who struggle with ADHD or chronic physical conditions, Gorfien assists her clients in creating unique ways to move their art, businesses and life forward through emphasis on prioritization, self-structuring and mindfulness.
About the host, Miriam Schulman
In case we haven’t met yet, I’m a watercolor and mixed media artist. My art has been featured in numerous publications such as Somerset Studio, and I’m the founder of The Inspiration Place where I give my students stepping stones to create beautiful art as well as the emotional support they need to stay inspired. See the art I create at art.SchulmanArt.com or learn how to paint with me at TheInspirationPlace.net
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today. I don’t want you to miss an episode. I’m adding a bunch of bonus episodes to the mix and if you’re not subscribed there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Now if you’re feeling extra loving, I would be really grateful if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also fun for me to go in an read. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you!
Listener shout out of the week!
“I LOVED this one! A wonderful guest, Robin had many good points that I am going to put into my own self-care and growing of my own creativity. I loved this interview. Miriam always seems to have the best questions for her guests and invited absolutely awesome authors and artists.”
~ Mychel B.
If you’ve ever wanted to paint portraits but been afraid to try…
Discover the “5 P’s” of Portraits to Create Paintings of Your Loved Ones that You Can Be Proud of…
Find the confidence to finally paint the people (and pets) you love
Introducing... the Watercolor Portrait Academy
- Discover the 5 P’s to Portrait Painting: Pose, Photograph, Project, Paint, Polish.
- How to make faces that look realistic- like real people - without being photographic or stiff or cartoonish
- Develop an understanding of how to use vibrant colors to make your portraits come alive and glow with life
- Explore soft backgrounds that accentuate the beauty of people
- Discover how to loosen up and take risks with your watercolor paintings
- Create natural looking hair without fussing around and escape your need for perfectionism (hint: you don't have to paint every hair in its place!)
- Conquer skin tones, proportions and color blending
- Capture light and shadow and the essence of your subject
- Breathe life into your portraits with the magic of watercolor
- Learn how to not "overwork" your painting.. know when to stop.