with host artist Miriam Schulman
Today, we’re talking about the power of coaching!
In this podcast, you will discover…
- How artists sell more art with coaching
- Why coaching keeps me from falling on my butt
- How to know if you’re ready to start working with a coach
- Ron Reich: ronreich.com
- Jason van Orden: jasonvanorden.com
- Annie Sylling: anniesyllingart.com
- Virginia LaMont Naegelli: artyourselfstudio.com
- EPISODES mentioned:
- The Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison
- I Know Why the Cage Bird Sings by Maya Angelou
- Becoming by Michelle Obama
- Cane by Jean Toomer
- The Narrows by Ann Petry
- Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston
- The Color of Law: A Forgotten History of How Our Government Segregated America by Richard Rothstein
- How to Be an Antiracist by Ibram X. Kendi
- White Fragility: Why It’s So Hard for White People to Talk About Racism by Robin DiAngelo
- The Warmth of Other Suns: The Epic Story of America’s Great Migration by Isabel Wilkerson
- Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates
The leaders I’m learning from are @rachel.cargle, @trudilebron, @moemotivate, @rachrodgersesq, @laylafsaad, @ericacourdae, @itsviviankaye, @thevpwright, @imdrtee, @iamrachelricketts, @simone.mcnish, @desireeadaway, @topsievandenbosch, & @oshetamoore
I’ve pledged my support to Be The Bridge. Other organizations that you can donate to include Black Lives Matter, Black Visions Collective, Reclaim The Block, Southern Poverty Law Center, as well as https://www.naacp.org and https://colorofchange.org.
While this is just a small action we can take, it’s a step in the right direction. I invite you to join me in committing to making our world a safer and more fair place for everyone.
About the host, Miriam Schulman
In case we haven’t met yet, I’m an artist and founder of The Inspiration Place, where I help other artists learn how to profit from their passion or become better artists. Through online classes, business coaching programs, and a top-ranked podcast, I’ve helped thousands of artists around the world develop their skill sets and create more time and freedom to do what they love. My signature coaching program, The Artist Incubator, helps artists go from so-so sales to sold-out collections.
A graduate of Dartmouth College and M.I.T, I initially pursued finance but after witnessing 9/11, I abandoned a lucrative hedge fund job to work on my art full time. Since then, my art and my story have been featured in major publications including Forbes, The New York Times, Art of Man, Art Journaling magazine as well as featured on NBC’s “Parenthood” and the Amazon series “Hunters” with Al Pacino. My forthcoming book with HarperCollins Leadership on how to make it as an artist is scheduled to be released January 31, 2023. When I’m not in the studio, you can find me hanging out with my husband, adult kids, and a tuxedo cat named Ebony. I’d love to invite you to check out one of my free resources for art lovers (of every passion level) at schulmanart.com/freebies
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today. I don’t want you to miss an episode. I’m adding a bunch of bonus episodes to the mix and if you’re not subscribed there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Now if you’re feeling extra loving, I would be really grateful if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also fun for me to go in an read. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you!
Listener shout out of the week!
“Totally on point, action packed podcast for creatives. Love the guests Miriam brings to the show – always informative and inspirational. You will truly enjoy Miriam’s direct approach for artists. Thanks for all you do”
~Sue Grilli, @suegrillistudio
5 Simple Steps to Painting Portraits That Your Friends and Family Love
(Even if you think you can't draw or have never taken an art class)
In this Free Masterclass You'll Discover:
- Explore the 5 Simple steps so that you too can go from blank page to OMG
- Discover "the Watercolor Advantage" - a special “shortcut” that makes the entire process easier than you can imagine.
- Uncover the "Taboo Technique" most portrait artists would be embarrassed if you found out.
Click☝️ above ☝️ to sign up (yes, it’s free)