|Get in the habit of reflecting once a month…|
Art Journal Prompt
For this art journal page I wrote all my reflections from the past month. This is a practice I started in January and I am enjoying it immensely. Another practice I have been doing is overlaying a mantra, a quote or a positive affirmation over the reflection. I found this helpful to keep my mind with a positive outlook and it also protects the privacy of my innermost thoughts.
Prayer for Spring
For this overlay I chose Robert Frost’s Prayer for Spring. You may want to use it too so I have included the poem for you.
A Prayer in Spring by Robert Frost
Oh, give us pleasure in the flowers to-day;
And give us not to think so far away
As the uncertain harvest; keep us here
All simply in the springing of the year.
|detail from my Art Journal|
Oh, give us pleasure in the orchard white,
Like nothing else by day, like ghosts by night;
And make us happy in the happy bees,
The swarm dilating round the perfect trees.
And make us happy in the darting bird
That suddenly above the bees is heard,
The meteor that thrusts in with needle bill,
And off a blossom in mid air stands still.
For this is love and nothing else is love,
The which it is reserved for God above
To sanctify to what far ends He will,
But which it only needs that we fulfil.
- I bought some colorful packing tape from staples and used it to cover the inside covers of my “journal” ( which is also my Planner Pad)
- The page is covered in gesso and I used acrylic matte medium to glue down art papers from Stampington
- Additional acrylic pain was added at the edges of the papers to integrate the paper into the page.
- On the top I wrote in bubble letters “March 2014 Reflections”
- I used a white gel pen to write my reflections. I didn’t worry about whether or not this was “readable” as I wanted to preserve my privacy from nosy teenage children who also live in my house.
- I took parts of a Robert Frost poem with positive thoughts of Spring and over laid the prose in bubble letters over my text using a black uniball pen
- I used a white Faber Castell Pitt white brush pen to fill in the “negative spaces” around the letters and then reinforced the black lines once more.
- Discover the art journal supplies that I used here.
|CLICK HERE FOR YOUR FREE ART JOURNAL CLASS!|
PS Blog posts you might also like are
PSS Want to get inspiration delivered straight to your inbox? Never miss another post when you subscribe by email