with host artist Miriam Schulman
Have you ever thought to yourself “I don’t feel like a real artist?”
Or maybe you’ve thought “who am I to sell my art” or “who am I to teach an online class?”
Or maybe you think or have even said “I’m not ready yet…”
What will others think of you and your art?
These are all classic examples of “Impostor Syndrome.” It’s also known as fears that stand in the way of your inspiration and, even, success.
Well FEAR NOT! Because today, I am going to share with you some background and information about Impostor Syndrome and how it shows up and prevents you from being the best you and succeeding with your art. I will be discussing 7 strategies that are designed to help you overcome Impostor Syndrome and build your creative confidence. These strategies are simple and can be implemented IMMEDIATELY!
I hope you enjoy this episode and I look forward to hearing your success after implementing these strategies!!
In this podcast, you will discover…
- What Impostor Syndrome is and how it affects you and your art
- 7 Steps for overcoming Impostor Syndrome
- How to Build Your Creative Confidence so fear does not stand in the way of your inspiration
- The Inspiration Place Podcast – Episode 6: Overcoming Imposter Syndrome with Rebecca Bass-Ching
- The Inspiration Place Podcast – Episode 26: Banish Your Inner Critic with Denise Jacobs
About the host, Miriam Schulman
In case we haven’t met yet, I’m a watercolor and mixed media artist. My art has been featured in numerous publications such as Somerset Studio, and I’m the founder of The Inspiration Place where I give my students stepping stones to create beautiful art as well as the emotional support they need to stay inspired. See the art I create at art.SchulmanArt.com or learn how to paint with me at TheInspirationPlace.net
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today. I don’t want you to miss an episode. I’m adding a bunch of bonus episodes to the mix and if you’re not subscribed there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Now if you’re feeling extra loving, I would be really grateful if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also fun for me to go in an read. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you!
Listener shout out of the week!
“I LOVED this one! A wonderful guest, Robin had many good points that I am going to put into my own self-care and growing of my own creativity. I loved this interview. Miriam always seems to have the best questions for her guests and invites absolutely awesome authors and artists.”
~ Mychel B.
If you’ve ever wanted to paint portraits but been afraid to try…
Discover the “5 P’s” of Portraits to Create Paintings of Your Loved Ones that You Can Be Proud of…
Find the confidence to finally paint the people (and pets) you love
Introducing... the Watercolor Portrait Academy
- Discover the 5 P’s to Portrait Painting: Pose, Photograph, Project, Paint, Polish.
- How to make faces that look realistic- like real people - without being photographic or stiff or cartoonish
- Develop an understanding of how to use vibrant colors to make your portraits come alive and glow with life
- Explore soft backgrounds that accentuate the beauty of people
- Discover how to loosen up and take risks with your watercolor paintings
- Create natural looking hair without fussing around and escape your need for perfectionism (hint: you don't have to paint every hair in its place!)
- Conquer skin tones, proportions and color blending
- Capture light and shadow and the essence of your subject
- Breathe life into your portraits with the magic of watercolor
- Learn how to not "overwork" your painting.. know when to stop.
Registration is open now! But not for long-- the doors close for the year at midnight ET September 25th.