with host artist Miriam Schulman
I have a very special guest today, my husband, Ron Schulman! We’re going to be talking about self-publishing our art and poetry book, A Writer’s Sketch.
In this podcast, you will discover…
- How to self publish.
- How we launched this book as well as fears we had to overcome in order to launch this book.
- Plus an excerpt from the book!
GET THE Book:
ABOUT RON SCHULMAN
Ron Schulman grew up in the Sullivan County Catskill Mountains of New York where he was born in December 1962. He is a graduate of Hunter College, the City University of New York, where he holds a BA in Urban Affairs and an MUP in Urban Planning. He owns his own affordable housing development firm.
Ron has been writing poetry for the past 40 years ever since 11th grade as this is one of his favorite pastimes. He sees the world unfiltered; he listens as he walks, never with ear buds or headphones. He enjoys the sounds of nature and of people as they walk through their lives. Ron has built affordable housing for people who have difficulty finding decent places to live. His poetry compliments this work as he speaks about the human condition and what we need to do to help heal this world.
About the host, Miriam Schulman
In case we haven’t met yet, I’m a watercolor and mixed media artist. My art has been featured in numerous publications such as Somerset Studio, and I’m the founder of The Inspiration Place where I give my students stepping stones to create beautiful art as well as the emotional support they need to stay inspired. See the art I create at art.SchulmanArt.com or learn how to paint with me at TheInspirationPlace.net
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today. I don’t want you to miss an episode. I’m adding a bunch of bonus episodes to the mix and if you’re not subscribed there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Now if you’re feeling extra loving, I would be really grateful if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also fun for me to go in an read. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you!
Listener shout out of the week!
~Emma Jones, weebluepress.com
If you’ve ever wanted to paint portraits but been afraid to try…
Discover the “5 P’s” of Portraits to Create Paintings of Your Loved Ones that You Can Be Proud of…
Find the confidence to finally paint the people (and pets) you love
Introducing... the Watercolor Portrait Academy
- Discover the 5 P’s to Portrait Painting: Pose, Photograph, Project, Paint, Polish.
- How to make faces that look realistic- like real people - without being photographic or stiff or cartoonish
- Develop an understanding of how to use vibrant colors to make your portraits come alive and glow with life
- Explore soft backgrounds that accentuate the beauty of people
- Discover how to loosen up and take risks with your watercolor paintings
- Create natural looking hair without fussing around and escape your need for perfectionism (hint: you don't have to paint every hair in its place!)
- Conquer skin tones, proportions and color blending
- Capture light and shadow and the essence of your subject
- Breathe life into your portraits with the magic of watercolor
- Learn how to not "overwork" your painting.. know when to stop.
Registration is open now! But not for long-- the doors close for the year at midnight ET September 25th.