with host artist Miriam Schulman
Today, artist Lisa Congdon and I are talking about the journey that creatives take to find their creative voice!
In this podcast, you will discover…
- What is an artistic voice
- Why does having a voice matter
- And some of our Favorite Strategies for developing your OWN voice
- Lisa Congdon – “Find Your Artistic Voice: The Essential Guide to Working Your Creative Magic”
- Lisa’s Amazon Author Page
- “Unlocking Your Style” Ebook promo Don’t forget to enter the coupon TIP to get $18 off your book!
About Lisa Congdon
Fine artist, illustrator and author Lisa Congdon is best known for her colorful drawings and hand lettering. She works for clients around the world including Commes des Garçons, Ernie Ball, Crate and Barrel, Facebook, MoMA, REI, Sonos, Harvard University, Chronicle Books, and Random House Publishing, among many others. She is the author of eight books, including her latest book, Find Your Artistic Voice: The Essential Guide to Working Your Creative Magic. She was named one of 40 Women Over 40 to Watch in 2015 and she is featured in the 2017 book, 200 Women Who Will Change the Way you See the World. She lives and works in Portland, Oregon.
About the host, Miriam Schulman
In case we haven’t met yet, I’m a watercolor and mixed media artist. My art has been featured in numerous publications such as Somerset Studio, and I’m the founder of The Inspiration Place where I give my students stepping stones to create beautiful art as well as the emotional support they need to stay inspired. See the art I create at art.SchulmanArt.com or learn how to paint with me at TheInspirationPlace.net
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today. I don’t want you to miss an episode. I’m adding a bunch of bonus episodes to the mix and if you’re not subscribed there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Now if you’re feeling extra loving, I would be really grateful if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also fun for me to go in an read. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you!
Listener shout out of the week!
“Miriam’s podcast is so engaging. She is open and fun and you’ll feel like you’re eavesdropping on an intimate conversation. It’s a guilty pleasure that is good for you. I’ve had a few deep aha’s while listening. Would never miss one!”
~Carol Steinberg, carolsteinberg.com
If you’ve ever wanted to paint portraits but been afraid to try…
Discover the “5 P’s” of Portraits to Create Paintings of Your Loved Ones that You Can Be Proud of…
Find the confidence to finally paint the people (and pets) you love
Introducing... the Watercolor Portrait Academy
- Discover the 5 P’s to Portrait Painting: Pose, Photograph, Project, Paint, Polish.
- How to make faces that look realistic- like real people - without being photographic or stiff or cartoonish
- Develop an understanding of how to use vibrant colors to make your portraits come alive and glow with life
- Explore soft backgrounds that accentuate the beauty of people
- Discover how to loosen up and take risks with your watercolor paintings
- Create natural looking hair without fussing around and escape your need for perfectionism (hint: you don't have to paint every hair in its place!)
- Conquer skin tones, proportions and color blending
- Capture light and shadow and the essence of your subject
- Breathe life into your portraits with the magic of watercolor
- Learn how to not "overwork" your painting.. know when to stop.
Registration is open now! But not for long-- the doors close for the year at midnight ET September 25th.