@schulmanArt Miriam Schulman
|Oversized Modern Portraits in Watercolor|
- To tell a Story: People are drawn to portraits because they tell a story, both about the subject and the artist. A portrait commission celebrates the youth of your child or illuminates the joy of your wedding day.
- Because Memories Fade: Capture the humanity of a person in a moment in time. Even a centuries-old portrait can conjure up its subject and breathe life into a distant memory and brings to life a personality that would otherwise have vanished into obscurity.
- Family Heirloom: Art is a great investment because of the joy it will give your family for generations. The fact that we are able to view portraits from centuries ago is a testament to the institution of the craft of portraiture and an excellent reason as to why one should consider investing in a commission. In our mass-produced age, few material objects possess the enduring value and prestige of a unique work of art.
- Creative Mother’s Day Gift: Nothing is close to a mother’s heart than her children, so the best art is a charming watercolor portrait of her child.
- Fabulous Father’s Day Gift Idea: Fathers also flip for these gifts and love paintings of their children for their home or work office. Portraits of children are art that everyone can agree on.
- Beautiful Birthday Present: Whose birthday? The mother, or the father are obvious choices, but you could also give the portrait on the occasion of the child’s birthday. I also do adult portraits, so if you find your honey unbelievably beautiful I will capture that essence on paper in a lovely watercolor portrait.
- Artistic Anniversary: A popular art commission it to get a painting done of the wedding chapel or church.
- House Proud: Another occasion for a house portrait is as a house warming gift or to remember a childhood home. Often, grown children will chip in to get a painting done of the house that they grew up in to give to their parents.
- Creative Wedding Gift: Commission a portrait of the bride and groom from one of their wedding pictures. This is the gift they will not want to return. You can also get a portrait of the bridal bouquet to give to the bridesmaid or the bride. She’ll love it and unlike the dress will never grow out of it.
- Personalized Pet Portrait: My fine art pet portraits will capture your pet’s unique personality and exact likeness in a watercolor painting that will last a lifetime. These true to life paintings create a lasting memory of your dog, cat, horse, rat, rabbit, or other pet. I portray not only your pet’s physical appearance but also capture the essence and spirit that you love so much. Your pet can be set in a favorite background–like the beach– making your pet portrait even more personal.