This blog post is one of a series of summertime inspirations for list making whether for personal self-reflection or to use as an art journal prompt. Discover all my list ideas!
Art Journal Prompt:
List who is important to you
For this art journal page, I started with the idea of listing people in my life who are important to me.
|I used a scrapbook border under my title and
sharpie paint pens to fill in the words.
How I arranged the page
Since I didn’t want to rank them, I decided to write their names in a circle. I did keep my immediate family in the inner circle, and friends on the periphery. I also cropped the photo of the page so you can;t see the bottom. So if you think your name is missing from my “important” list, let’s just assume you are on the cut off part of the page.
|I used a White Faber-Castell brush pen to add a
translucent layer to make the text stand out.
- I used old telephone books to use as layers in the collage, and was sure to rip out pages with my maiden name, my mother’s maiden name and my married name. I love the way all the text looks peeking through.
- The page is also layered with gelli prints, and paint.
- For the words, I first outline in a uni-ball pen
- These words are filled in with sharpie paint pens
- For the title, I left the words the color of the background and shaded around the letters with a white Faber Castell pen. ( you can find in Michael’s)
- I used a scrapbook border under the title.
- After all the letters are filled in, I go back again to re-outline the words.
- When I was “finished” I didn’t like the way the pastel colors worked with the background, so I changed them all to red. Do you think that was the right idea?
- For an art journal supplies shopping guide click here
|Peek at the final journal page… I decided to turn the writing to red.|
|CLICK HERE FOR YOUR FREE ART JOURNAL CLASS!|
0 thoughts on “Art Journal Prompt: Who is important to you?”
Thanks for the challenge, we had fun with it!
I like the inner circle idea…enjoyed your process.
Great idea. I know exactly who would be in my inner circle. It's nice to reflect on them, thank you for turning my mind in their direction.