I also create a collection of musical artwork based on instruments and musicians.
- a professional composer and trumpeter couldn’t resist the trumpet and collected it the day it hit my webste
- a tubist married to a retired elementary music teacher snatched up the tuba painting
- The Harp painting went to a seventeen year old daughter who is studying the harp for her birthday present
- the piano painting, a gift to a granddaughter.
Earth laughs in flowers. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
What is it about flowers that draws me to them again and again? I think it is the challenge to paint them in new and unconventional ways.
Like these floral collages. From a distance they look like conventional flower paintings. It is only when you draw near that you see they are made of bits of magazines, piano music and empherma.
- The sunflowers were purchased by a mother as a Veterinarian school graduation gift to her daughter.
- The pink peonies will adorn a music room.
- a friend, who just sold her company, chose the red poppies to grace her new executive office.
- Repeat collectors who also own my fruit collage of lemons and limes added the sunflower bouquet to their art collection
My Muse made me do it
About the Artist (Miriam Schulman)
|Miriam Schulman, founder of The Inspiration Place
In case we haven’t met yet, I’m an artist and founder of The Inspiration Place, where I help other artists learn how to profit from their passion. Through online classes, business coaching programs, and a top-ranked podcast, I’ve helped thousands of artists around the world develop their skill sets and create more time and freedom to do what they love. My signature coaching program, The Artist Incubator, helps artists go from so-so sales to sold-out collections.
A graduate of Dartmouth College and M.I.T, I initially pursued finance but after witnessing 9/11, I abandoned a lucrative hedge fund job to work on my art full time. Since then, my art and my story have been featured in major publications including Forbes, The New York Times, Art of Man, Art Journaling magazine as well as featured on NBC’s “Parenthood” and the Amazon series “Hunters” with Al Pacino. My forthcoming book with HarperCollins Leadership on how to make it as an artist is scheduled to be released January 31, 2023. When I’m not in the studio, you can find me hanging out with my husband, adult kids, and a tuxedo cat named Ebony. I’d love to invite you to check out one of my free resources for art lovers (of every passion level) at schulmanart.com/freebies