with host artist Miriam Schulman
Today, we’re talking all about “not feeling ready yet” and, as you might have guessed, it’s also about courage and building self-confidence!
In this podcast, you will discover…
- Why sometimes you have to do things even when you don’t feel ready.
- Why doing things even when you don’t have everything figured out builds confidence.
- I’ll be sharing a true story from my recent experience doing a trade show for the first time, and also when I went to see Georgia O’ Keefe’s ranch in New Mexico.
- Grab a free supply list to get started in mixed media schulmanart.com/supplylist
- See what free training is going on right now schulmanart.com/masterclass
- See what classes are open now at the inspiration place, schulmanart.com/enroll
- Take your art career to the next level with business coaching. You can schedule a free discovery call at schulmanart.com/biz
- Facebook mixed media videos
Other episodes you might like:
- 002: Art Business Q&A: how to sell art at fairs and online with Blenda Tyvoll
- 009: Licensing Your Art with Tara Reed
- 010: How to Get an Art Agent with Gary Levine
- 011: Art Business Q&A with Maria Brophy
- 027: Drawing Everyday with Jennifer Orkin Lewis of Jennifer Nelson Agency
- 035: Build Your Creative Confidence with These 7 Strategies
About the host, Miriam Schulman
In case we haven’t met yet, I’m an artist and founder of The Inspiration Place, where I help other artists learn how to profit from their passion or become better artists. Through online classes, business coaching programs, and a top-ranked podcast, I’ve helped thousands of artists around the world develop their skill sets and create more time and freedom to do what they love. My signature coaching program, The Artist Incubator, helps artists go from so-so sales to sold-out collections.
A graduate of Dartmouth College and M.I.T, I initially pursued finance but after witnessing 9/11, I abandoned a lucrative hedge fund job to work on my art full time. Since then, my art and my story have been featured in major publications including Forbes, The New York Times, Art of Man, Art Journaling magazine as well as featured on NBC’s “Parenthood” and the Amazon series “Hunters” with Al Pacino. My forthcoming book with HarperCollins Leadership on how to make it as an artist is scheduled to be released January 31, 2023. When I’m not in the studio, you can find me hanging out with my husband, adult kids, and a tuxedo cat named Ebony. I’d love to invite you to check out one of my free resources for art lovers (of every passion level) at schulmanart.com/freebies
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today. I don’t want you to miss an episode. I’m adding a bunch of bonus episodes to the mix and if you’re not subscribed there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Now if you’re feeling extra loving, I would be really grateful if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also fun for me to go in an read. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you!
Listener shout out of the week!
“I can’t stop listening to this podcast! I love the energy, insight, humor and realness in these conversations. One of my favorite quotes is from the first episode where Miriam shares: ‘What people self-criticize is usually what makes then different…Embrace the things that make you different. Own it and elevate it.'”
Want to discover how to sell more of your art and art classes online?
I have a FREE guide called the “The Artist Profit Plan” to walk you through my framework, including the 5 things you DON'T need to thrive in your art business (and 5 that you do!)
Click here to get instant access: 👉 schulmanart.com/profit