with host artist Miriam Schulman
Today, we’re talking all about “not feeling ready yet” and, as you might have guessed, it’s also about courage and building self-confidence!
In this podcast, you will discover…
- Why sometimes you have to do things even when you don’t feel ready.
- Why doing things even when you don’t have everything figured out builds confidence.
- I’ll be sharing a true story from my recent experience doing a trade show for the first time, and also when I went to see Georgia O’ Keefe’s ranch in New Mexico.
- Grab a free supply list to get started in mixed media schulmanart.com/supplylist
- See what free training is going on right now schulmanart.com/masterclass
- See what classes are open now at the inspiration place, schulmanart.com/enroll
- Take your art career to the next level with business coaching. You can schedule a free discovery call at schulmanart.com/biz
- Facebook mixed media videos
Other episodes you might like:
- 002: Art Business Q&A: how to sell art at fairs and online with Blenda Tyvoll
- 009: Licensing Your Art with Tara Reed
- 010: How to Get an Art Agent with Gary Levine
- 011: Art Business Q&A with Maria Brophy
- 027: Drawing Everyday with Jennifer Orkin Lewis of Jennifer Nelson Agency
- 035: Build Your Creative Confidence with These 7 Strategies
About the host, Miriam Schulman
In case we haven’t met yet, I’m a watercolor and mixed media artist. My art has been featured in numerous publications such as Somerset Studio, and I’m the founder of The Inspiration Place where I give my students stepping stones to create beautiful art as well as the emotional support they need to stay inspired. See the art I create at art.SchulmanArt.com or learn how to paint with me at TheInspirationPlace.net
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today. I don’t want you to miss an episode. I’m adding a bunch of bonus episodes to the mix and if you’re not subscribed there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Now if you’re feeling extra loving, I would be really grateful if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also fun for me to go in an read. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you!
Listener shout out of the week!
“I can’t stop listening to this podcast! I love the energy, insight, humor and realness in these conversations. One of my favorite quotes is from the first episode where Miriam shares: ‘What people self-criticize is usually what makes then different…Embrace the things that make you different. Own it and elevate it.'”
If you've always wanted to paint your fur family but been afraid to try...
🎉I’d absolutely LOVE to help you celebrate your pet in a watercolor painting (cat OR dog).
🐶Discover How to Paint Pets with Personality with Pet Portrait Academy 🐱
Find the confidence to finally create paintings of your pets that you can be proud of (even if you haven't picked up a paintbrush since college)...
🎨There’s a reason that students are so busy taking commissions, even though they don’t have a ton of experience yet, and commissions are not even the goal of the program!
People. Love. Pets.
💜 It’s a special kind of love that only a true animal lover can understand.
.....Your pets are like your children.
.....You think about them throughout the day.
.....You wonder what they’re doing when you’re not around.
.....You find yourself getting funny looks from non-pet-people when you talk about your pet.
🐕 So why not take some time to learn to paint pets?
🎁 Imagine this December you’ll be giving pet paintings as gifts to your friends and family too.
I can’t wait to see what you paint!