with host artist Miriam Schulman
Today, we’re talking all about “not feeling ready yet” and, as you might have guessed, it’s also about courage and building self-confidence!
In this podcast, you will discover…
- Why sometimes you have to do things even when you don’t feel ready.
- Why doing things even when you don’t have everything figured out builds confidence.
- I’ll be sharing a true story from my recent experience doing a trade show for the first time, and also when I went to see Georgia O’ Keefe’s ranch in New Mexico.
- Grab a free supply list to get started in mixed media schulmanart.com/supplylist
- See what free training is going on right now schulmanart.com/masterclass
- See what classes are open now at the inspiration place, schulmanart.com/enroll
- Take your art career to the next level with business coaching. You can schedule a free discovery call at schulmanart.com/biz
- Facebook mixed media videos
Other episodes you might like:
- 002: Art Business Q&A: how to sell art at fairs and online with Blenda Tyvoll
- 009: Licensing Your Art with Tara Reed
- 010: How to Get an Art Agent with Gary Levine
- 011: Art Business Q&A with Maria Brophy
- 027: Drawing Everyday with Jennifer Orkin Lewis of Jennifer Nelson Agency
- 035: Build Your Creative Confidence with These 7 Strategies
About the host, Miriam Schulman
In case we haven’t met yet, I’m a watercolor and mixed media artist. My art has been featured in numerous publications such as Somerset Studio, and I’m the founder of The Inspiration Place where I give my students stepping stones to create beautiful art as well as the emotional support they need to stay inspired. See the art I create at art.SchulmanArt.com or learn how to paint with me at TheInspirationPlace.net
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today. I don’t want you to miss an episode. I’m adding a bunch of bonus episodes to the mix and if you’re not subscribed there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Now if you’re feeling extra loving, I would be really grateful if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also fun for me to go in an read. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you!
Listener shout out of the week!
“I can’t stop listening to this podcast! I love the energy, insight, humor and realness in these conversations. One of my favorite quotes is from the first episode where Miriam shares: ‘What people self-criticize is usually what makes then different…Embrace the things that make you different. Own it and elevate it.'”
I bet you’ve got big dreams.
Now whether it's your goal to become a better artist, sell art or something I haven't even thought of-- there's one thing I know to be true.
Writing it down is absolutely powerful 📝
That's why using an art journal is a creative way to manifest your goal while developing your skills as an artist 🎨
If you’ve ever struggled with an inner critic, and those doubts and fears have kept you from staying focused on your goals, you may have wondered if there’s a better way.
Know this: my art journal has been the key to keeping me focused on reaching my BIGGEST goals ✨
Not only has experimenting with materials and techniques in an art journal helped me become a better artist, but using an art journal to set my goals, intentions and get in touch with my feelings have been a key to living courageously.
That’s why I want to invite you to a NEW FREE LIVE TRAINING…
Save your seat 👉 schulmanart.com/GOALS
Learn how to use an art journal to set your intentions and manifest them in 2020!
📝 Here’s what you’ll learn:
✔ Learn my EXACT 5-STEP ART JOURNAL PROCESS that I use every year for goal setting.
✔ Discover why writing it down is such a powerful method of MEDITATING ON YOUR GOALS.
✔ Find out how you can get started too (if you've never done this before) or take your art journal practice to the next level.
🎬 Plus, the best part is you'll get to watch me working in my art journal LIVE, ask me questions AND I'll be revealing my word for 2020!
Want to join the fun?
Go to 👉 schulmanart.com/GOALS