with host artist Miriam Schulman
In this episode, I talk to Charlotte Troisgros who is Head of America for Carre d’Artistes. Charlotte selects artists for the gallery with the artistic team in France, hires and trains the gallery team and ensures the brand image is respected and customers have a great experience.
Carre d’Artistes wants to democratize contemporary art by making original and one of a kind paintings accessible to all and have an unusual pricing system that allows people to buy an original painting starting at $150.
In this podcast, you will discover…
- (01:36) How I stumbled across the gallery in Greenwich Village
- (02:25) How the pricing works in the gallery
- (04:50) The significance of the gallery’s name
- (06:05) How the art is displayed
- (07:01) What it means when they say they rotate the artists
- (07:56) How much art the artists need to produce for the gallery
- (09:04) Why the organisation was created and what makes it different
- (11:02) The most popular size they sell
- (11:51) How 4 times a year an artist will come to the gallery and paint live
- (13:36) How their artists are a mix of French, international and local artists
- (14:05) Why their prices are the way they are
- (15:27) How they market the galleries
- (16:33) Why they invest in location
Charlotte has been working as head of America for Carré d’artistes for three years. There are two galleries in NYC, one gallery in Philadelphia, one in Sedona and two in Mexico (Mexico City and San Miguel de Allende). I am also in charge of opening more galleries. The work consists of selecting the artists for the gallery (with the artistic team in France), hiring and training the teams, making sure that the brand image is respected and ensuring a great Customer experience in each gallery. The overall concept is to democratize contemporary art by making original and one-of-a-kind paintings accessible to everyone.
- Facebook: Carré d’artistes
- Instagram: @carredartistes
- Instagram: @carredartistesnybleecker
- Instagram: @carredartistesnysoho
About the host, Miriam Schulman
In case we haven’t met yet, I’m a watercolor and mixed media artist. My art has been featured in numerous publications such as Somerset Studio, and I’m the founder of The Inspiration Place where I give my students stepping stones to create beautiful art as well as the emotional support they need to stay inspired. See the art I create at art.SchulmanArt.com or learn how to paint with me at TheInspirationPlace.net
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today. I don’t want you to miss an episode. I’m adding a bunch of bonus episodes to the mix and if you’re not subscribed there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Now if you’re feeling extra loving, I would be really grateful if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also fun for me to go in an read. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you!
🎨 READY TO CREATE THE ART CAREER YOU”VE ALWAYS DREAMED OF? 🎨
⏰ Take this 2-minute quiz and find out the best next INSPIRED ACTION you need to take to GROW YOUR ART BUSINESS!