with host artist Miriam Schulman
Email marketing has really made a difference in my own art business.
Although there are a lot of experts out there giving advice about email, how do you build a list when you’re a visual artist?
When a lot of your interaction with customers is in person, how do you encourage them to sign up to your email list?
In this podcast, you will discover…
- 5 ways to get people to join your emailing list
- What you should be emailing to your list
- What software to use to help you do all this.
- (02:10) A typical situation where someone is viewing your art in person and asks for your business card
- (03:16) How I get people I meet in person on my mailing list
- (04:34) My sign-up postcards
- (06:52) Do mailing lists actually lead to sales?
- (07:25) How MailChimp works
- (09:37) Keeping track of your former customers
- (11:25) How to choose which email marketing program to use
- (11:52) The problems with using a spreadsheet to keep track of your mailing list
- (13:08) Strategies to get people to join your list
- (15:07) Things that don’t work
- (15:49) More ideas for getting people on your list
- (18:46) Why you should build an email list and stay in touch with your customers
- (21:17) Why you shouldn’t be afraid of emailing people
- (22:04) How often you should be emailing your list
- (22:56) What you should be sending to your list
THAT POSTCARD I MENTIONED
About the host, Miriam Schulman
In case we haven’t met yet, I’m a watercolor and mixed media artist. My art has been featured in numerous publications such as Somerset Studio, and I’m the founder of The Inspiration Place where I give my students stepping stones to create beautiful art as well as the emotional support they need to stay inspired. See the art I create at art.SchulmanArt.com or learn how to paint with me at TheInspirationPlace.net
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today. I don’t want you to miss an episode. I’m adding a bunch of bonus episodes to the mix and if you’re not subscribed there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Now if you’re feeling extra loving, I would be really grateful if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also fun for me to go in an read. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you!
Listener shout out of the week!
“Miriam’s interviews are so “to the point” …she really asks the questions we all want to know when it comes to creating a successful art career. These episodes are a wealth of information and I’m so grateful to her candid discussions. As a host she is extremely relateable and fun and I always find myself laughing when I listen. She’s professional and prepared and I’m looking forward to more!! Thanks to your great work Miriam!” ~ Megan Carty Art @megan_carty_art
If you’re struggling to sell your art...
Perhaps the problem starts with your prices. Find the confidence to price your art perfectly for profits in this one day Virtual LIVE Workshop. You'll walk away with a step-by-step plan using my exclusive profit planning system.
Introducing... the Profit Planning Virtual Workshop
Take the mystery out of pricing your art for both in person and successful online sales.
APRIL 24, 2020 ~ 1-4 PM ET*
To sign up, go to schulmanart.com/workshop