with host artist Miriam Schulman
Email marketing has really made a difference in my own art business.
Although there are a lot of experts out there giving advice about email, how do you build a list when you’re a visual artist?
When a lot of your interaction with customers is in person, how do you encourage them to sign up to your email list?
In this podcast, you will discover…
- 5 ways to get people to join your emailing list
- What you should be emailing to your list
- What software to use to help you do all this.
- (02:10) A typical situation where someone is viewing your art in person and asks for your business card
- (03:16) How I get people I meet in person on my mailing list
- (04:34) My sign-up postcards
- (06:52) Do mailing lists actually lead to sales?
- (07:25) How MailChimp works
- (09:37) Keeping track of your former customers
- (11:25) How to choose which email marketing program to use
- (11:52) The problems with using a spreadsheet to keep track of your mailing list
- (13:08) Strategies to get people to join your list
- (15:07) Things that don’t work
- (15:49) More ideas for getting people on your list
- (18:46) Why you should build an email list and stay in touch with your customers
- (21:17) Why you shouldn’t be afraid of emailing people
- (22:04) How often you should be emailing your list
- (22:56) What you should be sending to your list
THAT POSTCARD I MENTIONED
About the host, Miriam Schulman
In case we haven’t met yet, I’m an artist and founder of The Inspiration Place, where I help other artists learn how to profit from their passion or become better artists. Through online classes, business coaching programs, and a top-ranked podcast, I’ve helped thousands of artists around the world develop their skill sets and create more time and freedom to do what they love. My signature coaching program, The Artist Incubator, helps artists go from so-so sales to sold-out collections.
A graduate of Dartmouth College and M.I.T, I initially pursued finance but after witnessing 9/11, I abandoned a lucrative hedge fund job to work on my art full time. Since then, my art and my story have been featured in major publications including Forbes, The New York Times, Art of Man, Art Journaling magazine as well as featured on NBC’s “Parenthood” and the Amazon series “Hunters” with Al Pacino. My forthcoming book with HarperCollins Leadership on how to make it as an artist is scheduled to be released January 31, 2023. When I’m not in the studio, you can find me hanging out with my husband, adult kids, and a tuxedo cat named Ebony. I’d love to invite you to check out one of my free resources for art lovers (of every passion level) at schulmanart.com/freebies
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today. I don’t want you to miss an episode. I’m adding a bunch of bonus episodes to the mix and if you’re not subscribed there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Now if you’re feeling extra loving, I would be really grateful if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also fun for me to go in an read. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you!
Listener shout out of the week!
“Miriam’s interviews are so “to the point” …she really asks the questions we all want to know when it comes to creating a successful art career. These episodes are a wealth of information and I’m so grateful to her candid discussions. As a host she is extremely relatable and fun and I always find myself laughing when I listen. She’s professional and prepared and I’m looking forward to more!! Thanks to your great work Miriam!” ~ Megan Carty Art @megan_carty_art
5 Simple Steps to Painting Portraits That Your Friends and Family Love
(Even if you think you can't draw or have never taken an art class)
In this Free Masterclass You'll Discover:
- Explore the 5 Simple steps so that you too can go from blank page to OMG
- Discover "the Watercolor Advantage" - a special “shortcut” that makes the entire process easier than you can imagine.
- Uncover the "Taboo Technique" most portrait artists would be embarrassed if you found out.
Click☝️ above ☝️ to sign up (yes, it’s free)