with host artist Miriam Schulman
In this episode I am going to be talking about journaling. I get a lot of questions from my listeners who have trouble focusing. This episode is dedicated to a deep dive into the strategy that I use to quiet my monkey mind and stay focused throughout my day.
These days a lot of planners actually include journaling prompts. The biggest roadblock may of us have in reaching our goals is gaining clarity about what those goals should actually be.
In this episode, learn about my daily journaling practice, ways to make journaling part of your day and which planners may help you.
In this podcast, you will discover…
- (03:26) Miriam’s daily journaling practice
- (04:41) Ideas on how to make journaling easy
- (10:07) What stream of consciousness writing actually is
- (10:58) Should you journal every day?
- (15:04) Journaling without using a planner
- (16:10) Why physical journals can be really helpful
- The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron
- The Five Minute Journal
- What’s All This About Journaling?
- Opening Up by Writing It Down by James W. Pennebaker
- Michael Hyatt’s Full Focused Planner
✓ Why art journaling unlocks your creativity
✓ How to fit art journaling into your life
✓ Learn to create easy mantras for your journal
✓ Download complete art journaling supply list
Free series only available through December 2018!
About the host, Miriam Schulman
In case we haven’t met yet, I’m a watercolor and mixed media artist. My art has been featured in numerous publications such as Somerset Studio, and I’m the founder of The Inspiration Place where I give my students stepping stones to create beautiful art as well as the emotional support they need to stay inspired. See the art I create at art.SchulmanArt.com or learn how to paint with me at TheInspirationPlace.net
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today. I don’t want you to miss an episode. I’m adding a bunch of bonus episodes to the mix and if you’re not subscribed there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Now if you’re feeling extra loving, I would be really grateful if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also fun for me to go in an read. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you!
Listener shout out of the week!
“A must-listen for any aspiring artist looking to better understand their customers and how to reach potential customers. Miriam is a delightful teacher. When she taught at [Donna Downey] Studio, she not only helped students improve their art but also gain insight on their ‘why.'”
~Donna Downey, donnadowney.com
If you’ve ever wanted to paint portraits but been afraid to try…
Discover the “5 P’s” of Portraits to Create Paintings of Your Loved Ones that You Can Be Proud of…
Find the confidence to finally paint the people (and pets) you love
Introducing... the Watercolor Portrait Academy
- Discover the 5 P’s to Portrait Painting: Pose, Photograph, Project, Paint, Polish.
- How to make faces that look realistic- like real people - without being photographic or stiff or cartoonish
- Develop an understanding of how to use vibrant colors to make your portraits come alive and glow with life
- Explore soft backgrounds that accentuate the beauty of people
- Discover how to loosen up and take risks with your watercolor paintings
- Create natural looking hair without fussing around and escape your need for perfectionism (hint: you don't have to paint every hair in its place!)
- Conquer skin tones, proportions and color blending
- Capture light and shadow and the essence of your subject
- Breathe life into your portraits with the magic of watercolor
- Learn how to not "overwork" your painting.. know when to stop.