with host artist Miriam Schulman
Cory Huff doesn’t believe in the starving artist myth. He is the founder of The Abundant Artist and the author of How to Sell Your Art Online. Together we answer some questions from The Inspiration Place Facebook group and Cory talks about his 5 business models for artists.
In this podcast, you will discover…
- Should artists frame their art? (06:00)
- Carmen wants to know how to sell her art to secondhand and resale stores (07:50)
- Is Etsy dead? (09:24)
- Jamie asks ‘How are artists handing older art?’ (12:07)
- Cory explains how a flash sale works (14:25)
- Emily asks a question about how you can get journalists to write about you (16:48)
- Gabrielle asks ‘Is it possible to market your art or make sales from your art if you’re not on Facebook or Instagram?’ (20:23)
- The five business models for artists (20:48)
- What business models Cory tends to see most frequently (27:21)
- How social media can be an important part of communicating with potential buyers about what you are up to (30:12)
- How to Sell Your Art Online
- The Inspiration Place facebook group
- Miriam’s etsy shop
- Lisa Congdon
- The Abundant Artist
Cory Huff is the founder of The Abundant Artist, where artists go to learn how to sell their art. His best selling book How to Sell Your Art Online is available everywhere books are sold. Cory is also an actor, storyteller, and fiction writer. He lives in Portland, OR.
About the host, Miriam Schulman
In case we haven’t met yet, I’m a watercolor and mixed media artist. My art has been featured in numerous publications such as Somerset Studio, and I’m the founder of The Inspiration Place where I give my students stepping stones to create beautiful art as well as the emotional support they need to stay inspired. See the art I create at art.SchulmanArt.com or learn how to paint with me at TheInspirationPlace.net
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today. I don’t want you to miss an episode. I’m adding a bunch of bonus episodes to the mix and if you’re not subscribed there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Now if you’re feeling extra loving, I would be really grateful if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also fun for me to go in an read. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you!
🎨 Turn the Art You Love into a Real (Profitable!) Business... 🎨
Go From So-So Sales to Sustainable Success in 6 Months with Artist Incubator Coaching