with host artist Miriam Schulman
Cory Huff doesn’t believe in the starving artist myth. He is the founder of The Abundant Artist and the author of How to Sell Your Art Online. Together we answer some questions from The Inspiration Place Facebook group and Cory talks about his 5 business models for artists.
In this podcast, you will discover…
- Should artists frame their art? (06:00)
- Carmen wants to know how to sell her art to secondhand and resale stores (07:50)
- Is Etsy dead? (09:24)
- Jamie asks ‘How are artists handing older art?’ (12:07)
- Cory explains how a flash sale works (14:25)
- Emily asks a question about how you can get journalists to write about you (16:48)
- Gabrielle asks ‘Is it possible to market your art or make sales from your art if you’re not on Facebook or Instagram?’ (20:23)
- The five business models for artists (20:48)
- What business models Cory tends to see most frequently (27:21)
- How social media can be an important part of communicating with potential buyers about what you are up to (30:12)
- How to Sell Your Art Online
- The Inspiration Place facebook group
- Miriam’s etsy shop
- Lisa Congdon
- The Abundant Artist
Cory Huff is the founder of The Abundant Artist, where artists go to learn how to sell their art. His best selling book How to Sell Your Art Online is available everywhere books are sold. Cory is also an actor, storyteller, and fiction writer. He lives in Portland, OR.
About the host, Miriam Schulman
In case we haven’t met yet, I’m a watercolor and mixed media artist. My art has been featured in numerous publications such as Somerset Studio, and I’m the founder of The Inspiration Place where I give my students stepping stones to create beautiful art as well as the emotional support they need to stay inspired. See the art I create at art.SchulmanArt.com or learn how to paint with me at TheInspirationPlace.net
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today. I don’t want you to miss an episode. I’m adding a bunch of bonus episodes to the mix and if you’re not subscribed there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Now if you’re feeling extra loving, I would be really grateful if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also fun for me to go in an read. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you!
If you've always wanted to paint your fur family but been afraid to try...
🎉I’d absolutely LOVE to help you celebrate your pet in a watercolor painting (cat OR dog).
🐶Discover How to Paint Pets with Personality with Pet Portrait Academy 🐱
Find the confidence to finally create paintings of your pets that you can be proud of (even if you haven't picked up a paintbrush since college)...
🎨There’s a reason that students are so busy taking commissions, even though they don’t have a ton of experience yet, and commissions are not even the goal of the program!
People. Love. Pets.
💜 It’s a special kind of love that only a true animal lover can understand.
.....Your pets are like your children.
.....You think about them throughout the day.
.....You wonder what they’re doing when you’re not around.
.....You find yourself getting funny looks from non-pet-people when you talk about your pet.
🐕 So why not take some time to learn to paint pets?
🎁 Imagine this December you’ll be giving pet paintings as gifts to your friends and family too.
I can’t wait to see what you paint!